Assura respects your privacy and it is important to us. We understand our legal and professional obligation about ensuring client information should be kept confidential at all times. We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information obtained through its operations as a professional services firm.
- Assura Group Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time Assura Group Pty Ltd is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate
What Sort of Information does Assura Group Pty Ltd Collect and Hold?
- Assura Group Pty Ltd collects personal and possibly sensitive information (the “information”) that is necessary for, or directly related to, its functions or activities, eg taxation advice and services, business and consulting services, management accounting and bookkeeping services, corporate services, forwarding to various other outsourced providers for audit services, financial planning services and similar business
Examples of information that we may collect and hold includes:
- Name, residential, business and mailing address, date and place of birth
- Contact details such as telephone numbers and email addresses
- Tax File Number
- Nature of Business
- Financial information such as bank account
- Family relationships and business relation connections
- Financial Records
- As set out below, Assura Group Pty Ltd also collects certain information that is not directly specifically provided by third parties, such as an IP address, browsing pattern on the site, click stream, and the status of cookies placed on a computer. Assura Group Pty Ltd does not collect any personal information other than information reasonably necessary for, or directly relating to, the primary purpose for which Assura Group Pty Ltd has been engaged or may be engaged, or its other functions and
What Happens if You Do Not Provide the Information?
The nature of the services provided by Assura Group Pty Ltd is that certain personal information is required in order to ensure we are able to provide the required scope of services for the individual and all their associated entities. Failure to provide the information may compromise the ability of Assura Group Pty Ltd to achieve this goal.
Why and How Does Assura Group Pty Ltd Collect the Information and How does Assura Group Pty Ltd use the Information
- Assura Group Pty Ltd collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to prepare financial statements, provide management accounting services, prepare an income tax return, prepare a business activity statement, to collate information for a superannuation fund audit and other
- Assura Group Pty Ltd only collects personal information that has been directly provided to us by our clients or prospective clients, associates of clients, our suppliers or potential suppliers, our employees or potential employees, or is otherwise available in the public domain where this information will assist us with the provision of services to our current and prospective clients. Information may have been provided verbally or in writing (including by email or through web forms). Assura Group Pty Ltd may from time to time collect personal information concerning an associate of a client or prospective client (eg spouse or child) where it is considered unreasonable or impracticable to seek this same information directly from the
- The information may be collected by Assura Group Pty Ltd via written forms, email, verbally or our secure portal. We also use the personal information to send you material either via email or post that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive, please notify us using the contact information
- We may use personal information specifically your name and relevant address details, to let you know about our services, facilities and benefits and those of third party partners/contractors/suppliers of Assura Group Pty Ltd, where we have your consent. We are not permitted to do so unless we have your consent. We and/or our partners/contractors/suppliers may contact you for direct marketing purposes in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS, telephone, online advertising or
For example, where we have your consent, we will send you:
- Periodical newsletters to keep you informed of matters relating to your business, taxation and/or financial information or in matters relating to your financial affairs. We also would keep you informed of any current and new service
- Notices where a service or product is currently being
- Newsletters informing you of a change in staff working hours, change in rates and general company
You may at any time opt out of receiving such information by unsubscribing to the newsletters or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We log IP addresses, or the location of computers on the internet to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the site. If the user prefers not to accept a cookie, they can set their web browser to warn them before accepting any cookies. Alternatively they can refuse all cookies by turning them off in their web
To Whom does Assura Group Pty Ltd Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Assura Group Pty Ltd will not supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you other than in direct relation to the provision of the services for which you engage Assura Group Pty Ltd. Assura Group Pty Ltd may engage contractors or businesses to carry out some or part of its activities on behalf of Assura Group Pty Ltd and you consent to doing so. Such contractors may be located outside of Australia, however Assura Group Pty Ltd ensures that any contractors used are contractually obligated to comply with the Privacy Act (1988) and the Australian Privacy Principles, regarding handling of personal information and provides raining to achieve this. Furthermore, all information is stored on secure data services located in Australia to ensure that your information is kept secure at all
- Assura Group Pty Ltd will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless it is the purpose of providing our services to
- Assura Group Pty Ltd may, from time to time, provide your personal information to Government agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, Australian Securities & Investments Commission. However, unless directed by law, it will only do so in providing the services you engage us to provide to
- In certain circumstances, Assura Group Pty Ltd may also disclose personal information to third party service providers (such as IT services provider) who assists us to administer our
- Should it be necessary to forward personal information to third parties outside the firm, we will make every effort to ensure that the confidentiality of the information is
How Will Assura Group Pty Ltd Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
- Assura Group Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control. Including through appropriate physical and electronic security measures. Only authorised Assura Group Pty Ltd personnel or specially contracted staff are provided access to personal information and these personnel are contractually obligated to keep the Information confidential. We may be required to keep records for a certain period of time and take steps to destroy the information when it is no longer
- All data that is stored electronically is on secure data servers located within Australia and is only used for the purpose of providing our services to you. The steps we take to secure the personal information we hold include ICT security (such as encryption, firewalls, anti-‐virus software and login and password protection), secure office access, personnel security and training and workplace policies.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
You may gain access to Information that Assura Group Pty Ltd has collected about you, by contacting the person named below.
You may make a complaint about Assura Group Pty Ltd’s handling of your personal information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your personal information, by contacting the person named below. Our policy is to provide a written acknowledgement of our receipt of any request for access to personal information or a request for correction within seven (7) days. We will then provide a written response within 60 days of your request.
How to Contact Us
Assura Group Pty Ltd GPO Box 3807
Sydney NSW 2001
Warringah Mall NSW 2100 PH: 1300 908 558